- Who are we?:
- A group of people who enjoy patchwork, quilting, good company and easy chatter.
- When do we meet?:
- On the first Tuesdays of the month at 7:30pm and third Thursday of the month at 2:00pm.
- Where do we meet?:
- Tuesdays and Thursday meetings are held at Trinity Methodist Church, Churchfields, Kidderminster. Saturday workshops are held at Sytchampton Village hall, Sytchampton. (maps can be found here)
- What skills do I need?:
- We range from absolute beginners to jaw-droppingly good, and everyone is prepared to share expertise.
- What do we charge?:
- Annual membership – £10.00 (over 80’s free)
- ‘Sit and Sew’ – £2.00
- Meetings with speakers £3.00 (members) £4.00 (non-members)
- Welcome back
Forest Quilters are very happy to announce that meetings will be restarting in September 2021. To keep in with the wishes of our members expressed at an Open Meeting in July, it has been decided that one meeting per month will be held on an evening and the other meeting will be held on an afternoon. The meetings will be on the first Tuesday of each month at 7.30 pm and on the third Thursday of each month at 2.00 pm. Our very popular Sewing Days at Sytchampton will also be restarting, these will be on the first Saturday of the month at 1.00 – 4.00 pm, cost £5.00.
- Video tour of our joint exhibition with Husum Storm Quilters
In 2019 we had a joint exhibitions with The Husum Storm Quilters with work being exhibited at the Rathaus Husum (Townhall). Here is a video tour of the exhibition.
- Corona Virus:We hope you are staying safe and well in these unprecedented times. In the light of advice from the Government, all meetings and workshops have been cancelled until further notice. We have made the difficult decision to cancel Doughty’s Roadshow and our Exhibition this year.
- Joint Quilt Exhibition in Husum Germany
7th – 21st September 2019 Joint Quilt Exhibition at the Town Hall, Husum, GermanyAs part of our successful Town Twinning initiative, Forest Quilters of Kidderminster and Storm Quilters of Husum are having a Joint Quilt Exhibition. Nine members of Forest Quilters (plus one husband) will be traveling to Husum and will stay with local families for about a week. Members have contributed 30 quilts to the exhibition which are of differing sizes and styles and showcase the range of artistry and talent of our members.
- Embroidered lampshade workshop has been rescheduledThe embroidered lampshade workshop which was originally scheduled for September has been rescheduled for Saturday 26th October.