- Who are we?:
- A group of people who enjoy patchwork, quilting, good company and easy chatter.
- When do we meet?:
- On the first and third Tuesdays of most months between 7:30pm and 9:30pm
- Where do we meet?:
- Tuesdays meetings are held at Trinity Methodist Church, Churchfields, Kidderminster. Saturday workshops are held at Sytchampton Village hall, Sytchampton. (maps can be found here)
- What skills do I need?:
- We range from absolute beginners to jaw-droppingly good, and everyone is prepared to share expertise.
- What do we charge?:
- Annual membership – £10.00 (over 80’s free)
- ‘Sit and Sew’ – £2.00
- Meetings with speakers £3.00 (members) £4.00 (non-members)
- Video tour of our joint exhibition with Husum Storm Quilters
In 2019 we had a joint exhibitions with The Husum Storm Quilters with work being exhibited at the Rathaus Husum (Townhall). Here is a video tour of the exhibition.
- Corona Virus:We hope you are staying safe and well in these unprecedented times. In the light of advice from the Government, all meetings and workshops have been cancelled until further notice. We have made the difficult decision to cancel Doughty’s Roadshow and our Exhibition this year.
- Joint Quilt Exhibition in Husum Germany
7th – 21st September 2019 Joint Quilt Exhibition at the Town Hall, Husum, GermanyAs part of our successful Town Twinning initiative, Forest Quilters of Kidderminster and Storm Quilters of Husum are having a Joint Quilt Exhibition. Nine members of Forest Quilters (plus one husband) will be traveling to Husum and will stay with local families for about a week. Members have contributed 30 quilts to the exhibition which are of differing sizes and styles and showcase the range of artistry and talent of our members.
- Embroidered lampshade workshop has been rescheduledThe embroidered lampshade workshop which was originally scheduled for September has been rescheduled for Saturday 26th October.
- Doughty’s One Day Road Show
Sale of fabrics at Trinity Methodist Church, Churchfields, Kidderminster Thursday 28th June 2018 10.30 am – 2.30 pm Entry £1